nav bar

about metutorialsmy housecontact me

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Home Tour {Reid's nursery}

My baby is two months old! What an exhausting, amazing, crazy, wonderful two months its been! Needless to say I've been busy.  It's been hard to adjust being busy with things that don't involve crossing things off of a to-do list.  On my to-do list for a while now has been sharing Reid's nursery... so I'm finally getting to that!
I shared my ideas for a nursery here {before we knew the gender} and here {after we knew the gender}.  I stuck with most of the ideas from the second mood board.  The vintage paint by number picture seen in that post inspired the colors for the nursery.  First we should see the hideous before picture of this room...



After we scraped some terrible wall decals off the of walls we started adding wainscoting.  I wanted horizontal wood paneling, so we used pine tongue and grove paneling.  We topped the paneling with a 1x4 pine board to trim it out.  The only difficult part of this was in a 100 year old house, nothing is level.  Leveling the bottom board is necessary to not make the rest of the paneling look wonky, so if you look closely there is a range of gaps between the floor trim and the first panel on top of it. After that we gave everything a nice thick coat of primer! 

The wall color for the room is Benjamin Moore Harbor Gray and the trim color is Sherwin Williams Simply White {as is in the rest of the house}.  Here are the after photos...


The paint by number ship print that started it all is the center of the gallery wall...



We added a wardrobe to the room because this room didn't have a closet.


Antique store finds sit upon the shelf...

Originally I had wanted this crib in a gray color, but after many attempts to order it, it was unavailable everywhere.  I'm actually glad because I ended up really loving the black!

The anchor print crib sheet is one of my absolute favorite things in the entire nursery! It adds to the nautical theme without being overwhelming.

Over the crib, I went with a garland rather than a mobile, which I was able to make myself with yarn I already had.



I used the lined basket as a hamper, while the other baskets in the room hold toys, stuffed animals, and extra blankets.

Source list:
Crib - DaVinci Jenny Lind crib in black via overstock.com
Rug - Jute Chenille Herringbone rug in Ivory {8x10} via West Elm {got on sale and saved shipping costs by ordering it and picking it up from the store}
Sheepskin rug - Ikea
Crib sheet - Anchor Print crib sheet via RH Baby & Child {gifted}
Dresser - antique store {gifted}
Rocker - already owned, it was Caleb's grandmothers! Bought my own fabric and had it reupholstered
Pouf ottoman - clearance from Target
Baskets - all three found at Tuesday Morning
Mirror - Tuesday Morning
Tongue and grove paneling - Lowe's
Black and gold accent table - Target
Striped Throw - Ikea
Blue Turkish Cotton Throw - clearance from Anthropolgie
Black & White pillow - Ikea {already owned}
Pom-pom garland - DIY
Picture Ledges {holding books} - Ikea {already owned}
Large shelf and brackets - Ikea
Picture frames - Target, Ikea, and vintage finds
Vintage paint by number - Etsy
Hand drawn Bible Verse - DIY
"The World is Your Oyster print" - via Rifle Paper Co.
"Rise and Shine" print - via Minted
Diaper pad changing cover - Etsy {gifted}
Lamp - Ikea {then spray painted gold}
Wardrobe - Ikea {handles were spray painted gold}
Curtains - Fresh Linen Curtain Panels in blue via Land of Nod
"R" initial - Zinc Letters via Anthropologie {got on sale!}
Mini pendant - Retro KU pendant via Rally House

Paint colors - walls are BM Harbor Gray, trim is SW Simply White




3 comments:

  1. It is perfect!!!! Love all the prints! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so calming and soothing. I really enjoyed reading about your nursery and added it to my virtual nursery tour.
    http://babyroomstolove.com/nursery-tour-enjoy-virtual-nursery-tours/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I love the added wall trims. I'm glad you stuck with the second mood board. The greys and whites are very easy to compliment with splashes of colors. You did a great job in decorating that lovely nursery, Laurie! Kudos and all the best to you! :)

    John Lambert @ Cape Coral Lots

    ReplyDelete