nav bar

about metutorialsmy housecontact me

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

baby shower {traveler by sea}

This past weekend, my friends {Katie & Melody} and I were able to throw our friend Natalie a baby shower for her expectant baby boy! We had so much fun putting this all together for her {and the little guy}! Our theme for the shower took off from Natalie's plans for his nursery, which has a travel theme to it. When I was going through my graphics to make an invitation, I happened to have some really adorable nautical graphics that are perfect for a baby shower.  I went with a ship on the invite and that is what sparked our decision to make this a "traveler by sea." Here's the invite...



We went brunch style for this shower, which meant really good food. {I happen to LOVE breakfast food}. Melody is an amazing cook/baker so she made some amazing staple food items. We also came up with really cute names for all the food items to tie in with our theme! :)


We tied in lots of maps & globes into the decor.  Gathering everything for decorating was very easy and it's definitely a theme that could work for gender neutral showers too. Melody had an antique standing globe and she provided a lot of the serving dishes. Katie had lots of great items in her house that worked well, including a framed ship print, a globe, and a small suitcase. I downloaded free map prints and printed them on just regular paper.  I choose mainly maps with a vintage vibe because all of the colors were softer and had blues & aquas, which paired nicely with black & white stripes for our color scheme. I made the garland using the map prints, ribbon, & twine. I also purchased a 6 foot piece of pom-pom trim off Etsy for less than $1/yard.


We purchased a couple of things for decor use at the shower that would be part of a gift from all of us hostesses to Natalie.  The small ship print and the "P" {for the baby's name} that was mod-podged with one of the printed maps, were our group gifts to her to use in his room or wherever she sees fit!


Paper straws in mason jars & little flags were also a must... because they are adorable! Our beverage of choice for the brunch was OJ + ginger ale! Here's a full view of the food table...


Of course we played a few {non-cheesy} games... including "Name that Tune" with songs that had the word "baby" in the title or lyrics. :)



Afterwards we snapped a few pictures of the relatives & hostesses with the guest{s} of honor...

There's 3 sets of sisters in these pics... :)

Katie, Natalie {and baby}, Melody & I
We all had so much fun throwing this shower! Now we all can't wait to meet the little guy!

20 comments:

  1. Yay!!! I'm so glad you had your camera to snap some photos! Love!

    I also stole this last picture and used it as my FB cover photo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome decor, food, and theme!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you download the map prints from?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I searched Pinterest for map printables and also used Google images search for "high res map prints." There are lots available!

      Delete